How many portions of fruit and veg do you manage to eat in a day? The latest research is showing that we should be upping our target of 5-a-day to 7-a-day or more. Read more about this on the BBC News website 7-a-day Fruit and Veg Saves Lives
As I care deeply about all my readers and want them to live for a very long time, the theme for the April Slow Cooker Challenge is 7-a-day make a dish in your slow cooker that contains 7 portions of fruit and/or veg, follow the rules and link it up to the Linky below:
06/04/14 I've had some feedback that it seems unreasonable to include 7 portions of fruit/veg in one meal and that's probably true. That wasn't really my intention but I can see that I did actually say that! In the dish I made (coming soon) I included 7 different vegetables so use that as your guide - just pack as many fruits and veggies in there as possible. Janice
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Use the Slow Cooker Challenge logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook and #SlowCookerChallenge and I will re-tweet it to my followers AND post your post your pictures on a decicated Pinterest board.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- You can repost previous recipes on your blog, but please add the Slow Cooker Challenge Logo and link.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.