Well that's what happened to me last Saturday. What could I make? What did I have in the larder and fridge?
Garlic Bread and Tomato Bake
A single garlic baguette
100 ml milk
2 tbsp red pesto
75g grated cheddar
freshly ground pepper
A few basil leaves (optional)
- Pre - heat the oven to 180C
- Slice up the garlic bread and place in a buttered oven proof dish.
- Thickly slice the tomatoes and layer over the bread.
- Cover with 2 tablespoons of pesto.
- Beat the eggs and add the milk, pour it over the bread and tomatoes.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and cover with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Tear up a few basil leaves and scatter over the top.
- Serve with salad.
This is the ideal dish for the No Waste Food Challenge run by Elizabeth's Kitchen.
Credit Crunch Munch as this is a thrifty dish which will fill up the family at very little cost. Credit Crunch Munch is run by Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla at Fab Food 4 All